International 14 US Class

International 14 US Class

Putting US1000 [the millennium falcon, as Alan Laflin called it] is for sale.
It is one of Chris Benedict's molds from the early 80's for his fiberglass boats; three 1/8" layers of cold-molded Honduras mahogany form the shape. 
It has a double hull and an open transom; the water flows out the back. Alan came fourth in the POW cup on it once. Classic 14 had a photo of Chris working on some 14's and I think it was one of them. Knee injury forces sale. 
Comes with aluminum spars and most blocks. 
Three sails:
. 1 dacron pineapple jib
. 1 old dacron main that has been cut down
. 1 full battened mylar main
It's on a Holsclaw trailer, and it pulls like a feather at 80.It has been stored inside except for a few months out at Treasure Island in SF. It comes with a Hogin tailor made full cover which fits the boat rigged.
Attached some pictures, have more if you want them.
Email me for more information. I am just west of Chicago.
Looking for $1600. 

Views: 999

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Charles. My name is Kerry Schwab and I live in Erie, PA. I'm very interested. Do you have a few pictures of the hull and equipment? I could send a deposit through paypal. My email is kerryschwab2@gmail.com and my cell is 814.460.4049 if you'd prefer to text/call. Thank you so much I look forward to discussing more.

Hi Kerry

Attached are a few more pictures. Love to talk to you, but I am off to the dentist for a couple of hours. How about around 3pm CST?

Thanks

Charles

Attachments:

Wow,

nice rig wee you able to sell? Mine a bit earlier 4 layers cold rolled cedar.  I fully restored with nearly everything replaced.  I am located in Essex Ct area.  My closets cousin hangs from the ceiling at the yacht club.  We used to have the largest fleet on east coast 100 boats.  Now I am the lone survivor.  Asking $2500 like you.

cheers,

Geoff Wiswell

It's still for sale. Sounds like you have another treasure. Does yours have a double hill like mine? Lots of flotation, just pops back up dry, unlike a thistle.

Still for sale? If so, I would love some additional photos. Unfortunately it's a long way from me, but looks like a very cool boat and definitely of interest if there is some viable way to get it to the west coast. ben "at" cohophotography 'dot" com is my email. 

Thanks! 

-Ben 

Hi Ben

It's still for sale. Don't know how you could get it out there, though the trailer would handle it if someone was going that way.

Charles

I could almost be swayed to bring this boat at least half way to Cali as there is a boat I am interested out west. Almost like a boat swap. Keep me posted on what develops and if I can be of assistance

RSS

© 2019   Created by I14 USA Class.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service